Located in Charlotte’s Fourth Ward neighborhood, Old Settlers’ Cemetery is where many of the area’s first settlers are buried. It was the first cemetery owned and operated by the City of Charlotte, and its gravestones and monuments carry dates from 1776 (the year the Declaration of Independence was signed) to 1884. It’s a great American site in Charlotte for visiting history buffs.
Old Settlers’ Cemetery is located next to the First Presbyterian Church on West 5th Street. It’s often described as more like a park than cemetery and is a popular stopping point for folks who visit the historic Fourth Ward neighborhood.